Customize your own sliding sofa side table.
Everything you need for movie night will be within arm’s reach with this stylish and convenient table.
This intermediate-level project can be constructed in a day and enjoyed while you relax with some hard-earned couch time in the evening. Learn how to tailor this design to fit your favorite sofa or armchair.
Materials you will need for sofa table.
- 1 - 4’x2’ furniture grade plywood sheet
- 1 – 6’x3” poplar board
- Clear Finish
Directions for the sofa table.
- Review and acquire all needed goods for the project.
- Review all cut instructions.
- Cut all wood (or use your local lumber department).
- Sand all pieces of wood to a finish smooth state.
- Stain top liberally, and after drying lightly sand smooth the fibers that have risen.
- Assemble the base using a combination of glue as well as a finish nailer or screw gun. If using screws, make sure to pre-screw the holes making sure the diameter of the bit is smaller than the actual screw.
- Once assembled, prime base, and after drying lightly sand smooth the fibers that have risen.
- Apply finish paint to the base of the table. If needed, it may require multiple coats.
- Apply a clear coat, sealing the top of the table.
- The top can be applied in one of two ways, via finish nailer leaving a small hole that can be filled with a colored wood putty or screws which can be covered/not covered by dowels and then sanded smooth and stained. If the latter is the case, applying the clear coat would shift to step 10.
- You’re all done!
Video directions for sofa side table.
Topics: Pocket Change