Besides our continued financial support to our many non-profit partners in Michigan and Florida, LMCU is finding ways to support the immediate needs in our communities, as we also participate in planning and providing assistance for the path forward.
Our areas of support include education, health and well-being, and housing, but we will bring a greater focus on the economic well-being of our communities in the weeks and months ahead.
Some examples of how we are impacting our communities include:
- A collective donation of $50,000 to partner agencies across our market area specifically responding to needs created by COVID-19
- 37,500 pairs of foot-coverings meant for the spring Parade of Homes events that LMCU sponsors, were donated to nine hospitals across Michigan and Florida
- Seven LMCU branches are serving as Personal Protective Equipment drop-off sites for Mercy Health in West Michigan
- LMCU partnered with TransNation Title to donate 400 N95 masks to frontline hospital workers in Muskegon
- An LMCU financial match to Kids’ Food Basket helped drive donations of over $100,000 for meals for students at West Michigan schools
- Nine laptops for were purchased for refugee high school students in need of computers to participate in distance learning in partnership with Treetops Collective
- LMCU pens were delivered for use by the ICU and COVID-19 teams at Mercy Health St. Mary’s
- Purchased 600 cloth masks for front line service workers in West Michigan and Southeast Michigan
- LMCU’s annual Band Together donation campaign in May has been refocused to support our hospital partners and their COVID-19 response