For the fifth year in a row, Lake Michigan Credit Union (LMCU) is raising money to support local hospitals. In previous years, LMCU has focused on helping pediatric programs, but this year, they’ll support healthcare heroes in the fight against COVID-19.
100% of donations will go towards critical needs like masks, gloves, personal protective equipment and more.Members, non-members, and LMCU staff are all encouraged to give any amount they can.
LMCU’s Band Together campaign raised over $70,000 last year, helping multiple local hospitals in Michigan and Florida. This year, LMCU will match the first $15,000 raised through members’ donations to help boost the campaign.
In addition to this annual Band Together campaign, LMCU is supporting our communities, right now, in numerous other ways, including:
- A collective donation of $50,000 to partner agencies across LMCU’s market area that are specifically responding to needs created by COVID-19. Recipients include Heart of West Michigan United Way, Southwest Florida Community Foundation, United Way of the Lakeshore (Muskegon), Greater Ottawa County United Way, United Way of Southeast Michigan, United Way of Washtenaw County (Ann Arbor), Capital Area United Way (Lansing), United Way of Battle Creek & Kalamazoo, United Way Saginaw County, Community Foundation of Greater Flint, Grand Traverse Community Foundation, Hispanic Center of Western Michigan, Feeding America of West Michigan, and Cherry Health.
- 37,500 pairs of foot-coverings meant for the spring Parade of Homes events that LMCU sponsors were donated to nine hospitals across Michigan and Florida.
- Seven LMCU branches are serving as Personal Protective Equipment drop-off sites for Mercy Health in West Michigan.
- LMCU partnered with TransNation Title to donate 400 N95 masks to frontline hospital workers in Muskegon.
- An LMCU financial match to Kids’ Food Basket helped drive donations of over $100,000 for meals for students at West Michigan schools.
Starting May 1 through May 31 options for donations can be found at LMCU.org/BandTogether.
Lake Michigan Credit Union (LMCU) is the largest credit union in Michigan. Employing a staff of over 1,300, LMCU's assets exceed $6.9 billion, with a mortgage servicing portfolio of over $11 billion and over 460,000 members. LMCU has 55 convenient branch locations overall, including 11 in southwest Florida. LMCU members have access to over 55,000 AllPoint ATMs worldwide. LMCU provides a full range of financial services, from high interest-bearing checking accounts to personal loans, mortgages, investments and commercial banking.